Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blinking-Blinkedy!

You've seen 'em. Those unaware drivers who drive for miles with their turning signal on with no intent to turn. You'd think they were deaf and blind-- and in that case shouldn't be driving.

I can't stand it. And I don't take it, either.

Blink-blinkedy! Over and over and over.

Contrary to perhaps your patient reaction, mine goes something like this:

After my flurry of anger has subsided ("Really? You're turning left? That's interesting since you've driven passed the LAST POSSIBLE 6 PLACES TO TURN LEFT and you HAVEN'T!!"), I zip around the stupid blinkedy-blinking car and turn on my own, in this case, left blinker. And the clicking-ticking-blinking of my own blinker nearly drives me to certified crazidom.

Blink. Blink. Blink.

I keep my eyes fastened on the rearview mirror.

Blink. Blink. Blink.

Is he gonna switch it off?

Blink. Blink. Blink.

And then, what I blissfully imagine is happening in the car behind me:
"Really. You're turning left? Come on, woman! You've got your blinker on! You know how to turn it off?! It's like thi--

...Oh." Click.

And their blinker shuts off, and I'm happy, and they're no longer lying to the entire world of traffic behind them, and I have once-again saved the day. And I do this. On a regular basis. And it has worked --all but once.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow. So many memories I'm reliving right now...mostly cringing.

Andrea said...

I've tried the same thing, but I haven't been as successful as you! I'm glad to hear that it does work, and I'll have to be more persistant next time.