I finally left the confines of my apartment last night to go shopping. I found an amazing 'Waldo' shirt with a modern twist: cream and red horizontal stripes with a funky blue collar and 2 bright, yellow buttons. I didn't buy it. My tummy and horizontal lineage don't quite agree. Instead I bought a navy and white vertically-striped blouse. I look sorta like a sailor in it except for the gold ropes and bad shoes. It's cute and affordable.
Ironically when I got to work this afternoon I realized that I could not, in fact, afford the blouse I bought yesterday and am currently wearing. No, I was not fired, but I was made aware that I had forgotten a front-desk shift the night before. A $40 mistake. Ouch. So now my shirt is worth a lot and I better receive a lot of whammin' good compliments on it! (It does bring out the blue in my eyes.)
And Winnipeg was frightfully good! In less than 48 hours I ate at Tim Horton's 4 times. Okay-- so judging by the long drive-thru lines this is probably below average for every Canadian, but my time was limited and at least one of the meals was at the wedding reception! The ham and swiss baguettes could not have been better. In only 18 days I get to repeat the cycle! Ice Capp, baguette, Tim Bit. Ice Capp, baquette, Tim Bit. Ice Capp...
So again, I'm sitting at The Desk and contemplating life. Actually, in the first 10 minutes of this shift I yelled at some boys that were not behaving in art museum ways of conduct. Seriously. I have that evil eye glare and tempered yell just right!
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my sister. You make me proud (of you).
I tried to leave you a comment last night, but my mother snatched the computer away from me to do something else. Ahh, family reunion craziness. How eez work?
Post a Comment