I find it unbelievable and unnerving that people 40 years out of high school can still act like they're in elementary school. I'm observing from the front desk as people that are near to my parents' age reunite and exchange uncomfortable small talk in the art center's atrium. And there's one man and one woman who seem to be the odd ones out.
"Did you see Ron?"
"Feynert!?"
"Yeah, he's standing outside."
"Probably keeping people away!"
"Did he try to come in!?"
Well Ron did come in and did pay and the entire welcoming committee became over-occupied with whatever pile of papers they were sorting at the time. And it seems that everytime Ron goes up to someone, they all of a sudden have somewhere to be, or they politely excuse themselves to chat it up with someone else. And they can't look him in the eye, and they can't chat long, and it's just so nauseating and repulsive. I can barely stand it.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dad graduated from college in '67. He's so much more mature.
Post a Comment