Thursday, August 2, 2007

Keener

Ever wonder what happens after high school? Where do our nicknames go? And what about the hilarious inside jokes? Does everything disappear? Friends change and some go off to college. At least, I did. Still others earn the big bucks as managers and overseers and co-pilots and deacons. (The dishonest ones of course) But what then? You have this fabulous 4 year reunion and there's nothing. Well there's something. There's some love-handles and double chins. A few more engagments, and others all the more cynical. But where did those people go? Maybe no where. Maybe everyone just changed. Or maybe, they were torn down and grazed over and rebuilt to make a shiny new person. Goodbye Will Sinclair High School and hello West Central!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you didn't stay in Rocky to earn mega-bucks. I'll call you some evening this week...not Thursday, right? You work?

Andrea said...

See? I commented! Last night was fabulous. Thanks for the listening ear. Love you! GET OUT THE RULER!

Andrea said...

No more Keener! We want another post!