For the past two months I have been searching for a liveable apartment space in the Indianapolis area. I began by looking online and setting my modest budget: $350 per month including utilities. After receiving some death threats from leasing agents and reading thesis-long bad reviews, I decided to up the price. Four hundred dollars should do it, I figured.
So then it came time to do a walk-through. I met some less creepy apartment agents and was given the grand tour. These apartments were, well, less than perfect. I couldn't foresee myself living in an apartment with moldy ceilings, or triple-padlocked doors or a green fridge (on the inside). And Kuyper was definiately right: inches really do count! You know it's time to go when your big toe is feeling cramped for space!
One apartment complex called back three times and offered some stunning deals. First month FREE! Or, in the mood of March Madness, shoot a basket and get two months FREE! I couldn't believe that my apartment search would once again add insult to injury that I'm so not athletic. (Kindergarten report card: Lauralee is very imaginative and creative and likes to help others (aka: bossy). She is behind in her large motor skills but will develop that in time.) Ha!
And then: a chorus of angels: Laaaaa! I was introduced to some friendly females at a church I started to attend downtown and they offered to show me their apartments. Two weeks later I was moving in to my very own. Four hundred and sixty-seven square feet, hardwood floors, arched doorways, 1930's retro style and a view of downtown. I'm loving every square inch!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
hott. Pictures?
So not only did your Dordt education give you mad typing skills, you also are able to see even your apartment from a Reformed perspective. Mark that down for another successful Dordt graduate.
Wow, sounds beautiful! (saw your blog linked from Rosie's). Around here, people don't advertise rentals, at least not ones you'd want to live in. They want to rent to someone that they trust will take care of the house. You have to know people, or know people that know people (I'm in the latter category). I don't think it's intentionally racist in most situations but it seems to play out that way.
Awesome, it's great to have a good place. Good thing you didn't come back to Alberta, it's tough to even find a garage with heat. And now I will begin searching again, thanks to BOTH roommates getting married!
whaaaat? NICE! I'd love to see pics!
Post a Comment