I have been living in Darmstadt, Germany for the past 6 weeks and for some of you, this is the first you've heard from me since then. I'm sorry. I am a Facebook and Blogger addict (although that can be argued based on my infrequent postings). Either way, I'm here now and I don't know what to write. The days run into each other with the same routines. Breakfast. Circle Time. Outdoor Play. Lunch. Nap. BREAK. Snack. Free Play. Outdoor Time. Snack. Home. Sleep. Breakfast... And on some weekends, I even have the energy to travel!
I have a few stories from the Child Development Center (CDC) about hilarious kid moments. They do say the darndest things, don't they? I've had some good laughs! I think my favorite moments have been during art/craft time. While making crowns one day, one little boy put the glue and glitter covered crown on his head, inside-out! His hair and forehead were glittery and sticky and quite the sight! And of course there are more (although someimtes inappropriate-to-tell) stories. There's just something about clever 3-year olds that are so innocent.
And there are the acronyms that the military must be famous for. I think I encounter at least one new one everyday. The CDC, POC, MWR, USO, PWOC, CAD, CTOF, CFK ... The list goes on and on and on.
So I will try to keep you updated more often. But really, it's a lot of the same old, same old. Except that tonight, I was able to access Facebook and my blog. And for that, tonight's extra-ordinary!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
FINALLY!!!!!!!
I miss you. Be safe. I love you.
SO GOOD to hear some about your work. Six weeks?? Is that all? It seems like it's been SO much longer. I miss you!
Why have I not known about this blog earlier? I blame myself. Oh Lauralee, you are a delight.
YOU ARE AMAZING!
Post a Comment