I'm as single as a slice of Kraft cheese. I even have the protective plastic coating to protect anything from sneezing on me. It all works well, and I think I'm a vibrant single person but I guess I should realize I'm not as comfortable in my relationship status as I once thought.
Today I heard that YET ANOTHER person connected to me by blood relations was engaged. My fist flew in the air, shaking, and I grimaced, "Why I odda..."! Really. I did that. I'm not sure what I was going to do, but it seemed to be the best reaction.
And then there's the church situation: I'm standing at the back of the church, waiting to be led down the aisle (for the church service, not the unmentionable) and the usher says, "Just one?" I quickly glance around and appear shocked. "Oh! Wha-? They were standing right her--! ...Hmm. Yeah! I guess it will be JUST ONE today." And to keep the usher utterly confused, I keep muttering and glancing behind me all the way to the front pew. It keeps things interesting, that's for sure!
But here, just for cheeziness sakes, I'll post a little personal ad.
Single looking for other single to be a double... or a couple, if you prefer.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I feel your pain LQS, I feel your pain.
Oh my. Single as a slice of kraft cheese. What a great metaphor! And what a mixed-feelings situation.
I think you should go to the pound and get a dog. It wouldn't help you at church though. Doesn't it seem like churches are designed to help single people feel uncomfortable and handicapped by the state-of-life God has them in? They should be asking things like "how is God calling you to be more faithful to where he's put you right now?" instead of "why can't you be more like the rest of us normal Christians?"
Are you going post on your blog (or Facebook) any photos that you took while over seas?! Glad you're back safe-n-sound!
Changing your background to purple, are we? I won't hold it against you, even though we all know that green is the colour of highest superiority!
Post a Comment